Monday, May 4, 2009

101 Things to do in 1001 Days



I saw this idea on Jordan and Alyssa's blog and thought it was AWESOME. I decided to go ahead and do it for myself. A few notes before we get to the list:






  • 101 things is A LOT of things to come up with for just yourself. So hard in fact, that it took me almost three weeks to come up with them and I put finishing the list as one of my goals. (see #67). So some of the goals are challenging, some are easy, and some are just kind of silly (see #73). But before you judge you try to put together an achievable list of 101 things and then talk to me. I really tried to make the list so I could feel like I was progressing and able to cross things off.



  • 1001 days is a little over 2 and a half years. I realize that a lot can happen in that time, especially moves. So in the event of a move out of state I may need to revise some of the more Utah centered goals. But I will replace them with something equal based on any current place I am living.



  • I have no idea whether I'll be able to complete all of these. If anyone who reads this blog has ideas to help me along, or even wants to join me on some of these adventures let me know! I would love the company. I'm also going to try and picture document this experience when I can and it's hard to take pictures of myself. :)






So with no further ado, here's my 101 things to do in 1001 days:




Started: 5/1/09




Ending: 2/28/12







  1. Hike the Y.



  2. Go a month without refined sugar.



  3. Volunteer as a temple worker.



  4. Go to Europe.



  5. Take a writing class.



  6. Plant flower boxes.



  7. Go to the beach.



  8. Read "The Miracle of Forgiveness"



  9. Go to the temple at least once every two weeks. (My real goal is once a week, but hey, stuff happens right?)



  10. 100% Visiting Teaching.



  11. Read Les Miserables.



  12. Go to Zion's National Park.



  13. Go to Bryce National Park.



  14. Go to Canyonlands National Park.



  15. Go to Capitol Reef National Park.



  16. Go to Arches National Park.



  17. Learn 5 songs on the piano.



  18. Write in my journal once a week.



  19. Read my scriptures every day.



  20. Read and study the entire conference issue of the Ensign.



  21. Go through my stuff twice a year and get rid of things.



  22. Memorize the Proclamation to the World.



  23. Plan out a balanced menu at for at least one week out of every month for six months.



  24. Do a session at the Draper Temple.



  25. Do a session at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.



  26. Do a session at the Jordan River Temple.



  27. Do a session at the Bountiful Temple.



  28. Do a session at the Ogden Temple.



  29. Do a session at the Logan Temple.



  30. Do a session at the Vernal Temple.



  31. Do a session at the Manti Temple.



  32. Do a session at the St. George Temple.



  33. Do a session at the Monticello Temple.



  34. Watch Ben Hur and Spartacus.



  35. Move into a bigger room.



  36. Try all of the recipes I copied from the 12 best foods book.



  37. Research a gospel topic and do a report on it.



  38. Do some sort of physical activity 3 times a week for 3 months.



  39. Lose 10 lbs. and maintain weight.



  40. Write Mandy once a month until she's home from her mission.



  41. Have at least 3 months of expenses in my savings account.



  42. Get my UT drivers license.



  43. Find a new job.



  44. Create a budget and stick to it.



  45. Pay off eye surgery.



  46. Buy 1 piece of "grown up" furniture.



  47. Go see Music and the Spoken Word live.



  48. See "The Scarlet Pimpernell"



  49. Read Bleakhouse by Charles Dickens.



  50. Read The Count of Monte Cristo.



  51. Read Farenheit 451.



  52. Read Sense and Sensibility.



  53. Go to "Goblin Village."



  54. Learn how to make liquid soap.



  55. Sew myself 1 piece of clothing.



  56. Organize at least 1 Shakespeare reading.



  57. Organize all of my photos and CD back up disks.



  58. Send out Christmas cards.



  59. Do a 1000 piece or more puzzle.



  60. Learn how to play chess.



  61. Research a regular (non-Gospel) topic and write a report on it.



  62. Go to Timpanogas Caves.



  63. Take a yoga class.



  64. Take a class in something I've never done before.



  65. Memorize 10 scriptures.



  66. Run a half marathon. (Yikes!)



  67. Come up with 101 things. Completed 5.4.09



  68. Go three months without eating potato chips.



  69. Audition for a play.



  70. Make a blanket for my new nephew.



  71. Visit my parents.



  72. Visit my sisters.



  73. Visit Joxer. :)



  74. Drink a green smoothie every day for a month.



  75. Own Evita.



  76. Go skiing or snowboarding.



  77. Do a cross stitch.



  78. Try 5 new non-chain restaurants.



  79. Go on the train in Heber.



  80. Go to Jump on It.



  81. Go to a touring theatre show at least 3 times. (I'm hoping Spamalot is one of them.)



  82. See the midnight showings of Harry Potter 6 and 7.



  83. Find a long term volunteer opportunity.



  84. Get the rest of the seasons of Angel.



  85. Learn how to make Loretta's fudge.



  86. Go camping.



  87. Re-inventory my books.



  88. Make a really nice gingerbread house.



  89. Bear my testimony in church.



  90. Decide about midwifery school.



  91. Make a rice or corn heating pad.



  92. Go to Bridal Veil Falls.



  93. Reread "His Holy Temple."



  94. Go to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.



  95. Do something fun for New Year's Eve.



  96. Grow a window herb garden.



  97. Go to Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.



  98. Go to a Ghost Town.



  99. Spend a day watching every movie at the $1 theatre. (Non rated R)



  100. Own a pet. (It'll probably have to be a fish.)



  101. Talk to my sisters at least once every two weeks.






So folks, there it is. The hope is that by the end of this I will be stronger, smarter, and a better person. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. YAY for being a temple worker! Best thing ever! And I love the Scarlet Pimpernel, too : ) Check out the old-school 1930's film version as well--awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of your post has a typo :) I'm glad you finally finished your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should keep a log going on the side of your blog of when you complete each task :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stephanie, it's Olivia from class.

    Awesome that you have a blog & that we can get together a lil' group- it could be really helpful and awesome!

    I'll email out tonight if I get a chance.

    My son's birthday party is tonight- pirate themed so I'm up to my ears in pirate plans. Should be fun!

    Let's chat though and get the ball rolling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such an amazing thing to do! I want to do that!

    ReplyDelete