Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival

Every year Thanksgiving Point holds a Tulip festival where basically thousands of tulips are blooming and it's way pretty. I've never been to Thanksg
iving Point so I thought I'd give it a shot. I even recruited Tiffany from work to come with me. :) We just went to the gardens, but there is also a museum and a bunch of other stuff, but I'll have to explore that another day.

The day wasn't very sunny, but I thought the weather was still pretty nice and we got some good photos. I never even knew the gardens were so pretty!
Then of course the main attraction was the TULIPS. I admit I went a little photo crazy and fancied myself "artistic". I won't expose you to all of them, if you want to see more then check my facebook account. But here's a few:




Tiffany kept telling me to pose in all these weird places, I went along with it some of the time...but did not jump down the waterfall or pick the daffodils and pretend they were teacups a la Willy Wonka. but here are a few of the better (non crazy) ones.
There was a for real Secret Garden! And they left the door unlocked (mwahahahaha!)

So for some reason Tiffany wouldn't let me take planned out pictures of her so here are some examples of my mad guerrilla camera skills.

I have a lot more pictures of stuff, but I've discovered that posting and arranging on this blogspot thing is needlessly difficult. So, It was a majorly fun time and I feel grateful that I live in a place that has all of this beauty and fun stuff to do. :)

2 comments:

  1. I've actually never been to the gardens there. I have been to the museum, the surrounding shops and the imax theater there. The museum's not bad - although it's not quite the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Man, now I wish I would have gone!

    ReplyDelete