Kids learning to be archeologists, which apparently involves burying yourself in the sand. Who knew?
Next goal was to hike the "Y". For those of you unfamiliar with Utah, they enjoy putting huge letters on the side of the mountains. The Y stands for BYU.
This is me collapsing upon making it to the top. It's only about a mile, but it's all uphill and if you hike it on a hot day like we did, there's absolutely no shade. I just about died.
Spencer, my hiking companion and motivator. He told me the last switchback was level, but it wasn't. It was the steepest one of all!
Next was a trip to Zion's National Park. I went with Andy, and two other people from my new ward. On the first day we did the Emerald Pools hike. This is the first one.

Nice view of the Virgin River near sunset. It had actually rained about a half an hour before, but ya can't even tell.

The next day we hiked the Narrows. This is near the beginning. It's all water hiking and the water gets deeper in places.

This is to demonstrate how narrow it gets, but there are even narrower parts, this was the just the place we ran into someone else willing to take our picture.


This was taken at a stop called "Sunset Point", you can't really tell, but the Sunset is happening on the other side of the point. I felt pretty cheated.
Anyways, that's a little overview at the first part of summer. I'll have other photos later detailing my trip to Arizona and Colorado. I've also accomplished more goals than these. Starting this Saturday I'm a temple worker at the Provo temple, I finished "Bleakhouse" by Charles Dickens, I made a blanket for my nephew, visited my sisters, took a writing class, and decided about school. On August 24th I start my prerequisite classes for the nursing program at Provo College. Wish me luck!







I heart you! It was SO good to see you! Yay for birthday in Manti!!
ReplyDeletehello! wow, so good to catch up with you and your family--its been such a long time! you seem very happy and motivated. I'm glad you found me! stay in touch.
ReplyDeleteThe whole time looking at this kylie is going"that's aunt stephanie doing..." and then saying what ever it is your were doing. Oh and she wants to play with the dinosaurs like you were and she said "I wish I could walk in water like aunt stephanie!" Oh the joy!
ReplyDelete